Traveling to different countries of the world is an opportunity to live incredible and, above all, enriching experiences, which will make your personal and professional horizons and ambitions grow. Check Countryaah.com to see a full list of countries in the world. Get out of your comfort zone! and venture to study and / or work abroad, while you get to know another culture and learn or perfect a language. This will open the doors to a greater number of opportunities that allow you to achieve your goals, whether they are work or personal.
While in some countries studying and working at the same time is very difficult due to legal issues due to established policies (obtaining permits), there are other countries that give you this facility. According to a study published in Jobboard Finder, an ad portal search engine that allows recruiters and candidates to e-recruit around the world, the ideal destinations to work while studying abroad are the following:
For the second year in a row, Sweden is the first place in the study carried out by the Reputation Institute, which measures the countries with the best reputation worldwide. Take into account factors such as the country being beautiful and safe for visitors, friendly and welcoming residents, as well as having progressive policies and effective government. For this reason, and in addition to having Universities that are in the best world rankings, we present requirements as well as details to study and work in Sweden :
- There is no official hour limit to work.
- Because the education system in Sweden is demanding, you are expected to dedicate 40 hours a week to educational activities.
- If your stay will be longer than 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit. The easiest way to do it is through the official website of the Swedish Embassy or if you prefer to do it in person you can go to the Swedish Embassy in Mexico.
- Some Universities have part-time jobs within their facilities that allow you a more accessible job.
- There are various portals such as AcademicWork that allow you to find jobs that fit your schedule.
- Sweden offers around 900 master’s programs in English, for which you can apply for study grants, and they can be consulted on the website of the Swedish Embassy.
England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland also have the best ranked Universities globally and, despite asking for stricter requirements for those who do not have the nationality of countries of the European Union or Switzerland, they are also countries that offer you They will allow you to work while you study. For these countries you should consider the following:
- Apply for a General Student VISA (TIER 4).
- It is likely that in some countries, such as Ireland, you will be asked to have an account at a local bank with a minimum amount.
- Graduate students cannot work more than 15 hours per week.
- Graduate research students cannot work more than 9 hours per week.
- It is also important that you consider that there are jobs that you cannot do, such as being an Uber driver.
While it is true that housing in European countries can be very expensive compared to Mexico, this is offset by education in France, which, in addition to being one of the best in the world, is also much cheaper than in others countries of the European continent. For this reason, this country turns out to be a great option to carry out your studies while learning or perfecting the French language. Here are some considerations to keep in mind:
- Apply for your student residence permit.
- By law, a student can work 60% of the legal duration of work, which is equivalent to 964 hours per year.
- You can apply for scholarships or loans from the French government.
For seven consecutive years, Canada has been named the most livable country in the world and its nature as well as cultural diversity will make you want to experience a stay in this country. Canada offers a large number of programs that allow you to study English while you know the country and have a job that allows you to pay for expenses. What you must take into account to do this is the following:
- Apply for a student VISA, which will allow you to study study programs that last more than 6 months. This VISA has a current cost of 150 Canadian dollars. To process this VISA it is necessary that you are registered with an official institution and accredited by the Canadian government. With this permit you will be able to work 20 hours a week during your study period and 40 hours a week during vacation times. It is also important that you verify that you have the financial resources to finance your stay.
- The Working Holiday VISA is another permit that will allow you to work while doing part-time or full-time studies. For this procedure, you must demonstrate that you have 2,500 Canadian dollars that will allow you to finance the start of your trip, as well as have medical insurance that covers the entire period of your stay.
If you want to continue working once you have completed your studies, you need another type of VISA (Post Graduation Work Permit).
Have you heard of the Working Holiday Maker ? It is a program recently created by the Australian government that will allow you to vacation and work in this country for 12 months and in turn, you will have the opportunity to study for a maximum period of 4 months. This program has the following specifications:
- It provides you with the corresponding visa to be a tourist and work.
- Training is provided to you through courses in official or private institutions, whether technical or professional training that will make you acquire job skills.
If your intention is to study for a time that exceeds 3 months, then you can opt for a student visa, which will also give you the opportunity to work. For this, the requirements are as follows:
- Have your valid passport.
- Be enrolled in a minimum 12 week classroom course at an Australian Government accredited educational institution.
- Have medical insurance that covers the entire period of your stay.
- In some cases, you may be asked to prove that you have the necessary funds to finance your stay.
The beautiful natural landscapes of New Zealand like its islands, waterfalls, mountains, glaciers, as well as the activities it offers, are one of the many reasons why this country has been becoming one of the most attractive tourist destinations for young people. What better way to get into it while you study and earn money? Obtaining a student VISA is a simple process in this country, with which you can do the following :
- Work 20 hours a week during class periods and 40 hours a week during vacation periods.
- It is important that you consider the type of course / study you are doing, since the allowed working hours you have depend on this. For example, in the case of studying a research master’s degree or doctorate, there are no restrictions on the allowed working hours.
- The labor rights that you have will be explained to you in your VISA or, by means of a letter, so that you do not run the risk of violating any regulations.
Now that you have the cards on the table, you can visualize in a more real way that dream of working around the world with some examples of countries that can be very well suited to your academic, professional or personal needs. There are a large number of countries that open their doors without overly complicated procedures to foreigners, either for studies or employment issues, so if you are interested in living in a specific country you can find out the requirements and processes on the official pages of the embassies corresponding.