Moscow State Technical University NE Bauman. (Russian:.. Московский государственный технический университет имени Н. Э. Баумана (МГТУ им Баумана) Also known as Baumanka , MGTU or MVTU, is an institution of Higher Education Russian, scientific research center and invaluable object of cultural tradition of the Russian peoples. This was the first technical university in Russia. The MGTU received the European distinction of quality in teaching and the degree awarded to its graduates is recognized in much of the world. It is the first Russian higher education institution in be a member of the association Top Industrial Managers for Europe. For its contribution to scientific-technical development and the development of engineering cadres, the MGTU Bauman has been awarded the Order of Lenin, Order of the October Revolution, Order of the Red Banner of Labor. By decision of the President of the Russian Federation on January 25, 1995 the MGTU was included in the state list of Priceless objects of the cultural tradition of the Russian Federation.
- 1764-1830 – Imperial Educational House (Императорский Воспитательный Дом)
- 1830-1868 – Moscow Trades Education Center (MRUZ) (Московское ремесленное учебное заведение (МРУЗ)).
- 1868-1918 – Imperial Moscow Technical School (IMTU) (Императорское Московское техническое училище (ИМТУ))
- 1918-1930 – Moscow Higher Technical School (MVTU) (Московское высшее техническое училище (МВТУ)).
- 1930-1943 – Moscow NE Bauman Mechanical and Machine Building School (MMMI Bauman) (Московский механико-машиностроительный институт им. Н. Э. Баумана имауна.
- 1943-1989 – NE Bauman Moscow Higher Technical School (Московское высшее техническое училище им. Н. Э. Баумана (МВТУ им. Н. Э. Баумана)).
- Since 1989 – Moscow State Technical University NE Bauman (Московский государственный технический университет им. Н. Э. Баумана (МГТУ иам. На.Бу)
Of 1st September 1763 the Empress Yekaterina II signed the manifesto of cración of the House Education Imperial, which was inaugurated in April of 21 1764.
In 1826 the Empress Maria Fiodorovna decided to begin the preparation of various trades for the orphaned children of the Imperial Educational House. To this end, the Moscow architect DI Zhilyardi built a building with modern lines in the center of which the sculptor IP Vitali developed the sculpture “ Minerva ” that symbolized the achievements of science and the practice of crafts.
In 1830, Emperor Nikolai I signed the “Position on the institution of education of trades” that laid the foundations of the current MGTU.
In 1968 a regulation was approved in the first paragraph of which it was written: ” The Imperial Technical High School is a special center of higher education whose main mission is the training of mechanics-builders, mechanical engineers and technical engineers.” The institution’s first chairs were those of Mathematics, Applied and General Physics, Machinery Construction, Construction Art, General Chemistry, Chemical Technology, and Fiber Product Technology.
The high preparation and professionalism of the group of teachers made the IMTU one of the main teaching centers in Europe.
After 1917 the institution underwent a series of transformations. From 1918 the name was replaced by Moscow Higher Technical School (MVTU) and four faculties were organized: mechanics, engineering construction, chemistry and electrotechnics. The aero-hydrodynamic, automobile, chemical-technological specialties that laid the foundations for other institutes such as TsAGI, TsIAM and NAMI were separated.
The radicalism of some directors of Narkomproc in relation to the “proletarianization” of higher education, the attempt to provide solutions to problems with political pressure and the interference in the administration of the institution resulted in a number of protests by the teaching staff. From 1920 many of them suffered repression.
Important changes took place in 1930 when a group of technical institutes was organized on the basis of the MVTU, which over time became very important educational centers. These include the Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI), the Moscow Energy Institute (MEI), the Moscow Engineering Construction Institute (MISI), the Academy of Chemical Protection and others. The faculty of mechanics was kept in the old MVTU building and was renamed the Moscow Mechanical and Machine Building Institute (MMMI). In this same year the name NE Bauman was added. in honor of the revolutionary Nikolai Ernestovich Bauman, assassinated near the main building of the institution
On November 17, 1933, by resolution of the Central Executive Committee of the USSR, the MMMI NE Bauman was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.
As of 1943 the university received its former name MVTU again .
In 1948 the faculty of missile technique was created, closely linked to the activity of SP Koroliov.
On July 12, 1955, by decision of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, the MVTU NE Bauman received the Order of Lenin for its 125th anniversary and its contribution to the development of science and technology and the preparation of highly qualified cadres.
In 1960 a modern multi-story building was built where the MVTU leadership moved.
On April 28, 1980, by decision of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, the MVTU NE Bauman received the Order of the October Revolution for the 150th anniversary of the day of its creation and its decisive collaboration in the development of highly qualified cadres.
By resolution No.617 of the USSR State Committee for Popular Education of July 27, 1989, the MVTU NE Bauman was converted into the Moscow State Technical University NE Bauman (MGTU) (in Russian: Московский государственный технический умтититинититинитинитин. Н. Э. Баумана).
Today the MGTU maintains links with more than 70 universities around the world. In 1997 it became part of the Association of Engineering Universities of Europe (TIME), which allows the degrees to be homologated in 11 European countries.
Graduates and teachers
MFTU NE Bauman’s graduates include prominent personalities. In the field of aeronautics the following can be noted:
- Alexander Alexandrovich Arjanguelsky – Aeronautical Builder, Doctor of Technical Sciences (1940), Honorary Personality of Science and Technology of the RSFSR (1947), Hero of Socialist Labor (1947)
- Vladimir Pavlovich Barmin – Soviet scientist builder of reactive launchers and rocket and cosmic launch complexes. Academician of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1966) and of Russia since 1991, Hero of Socialist Labor (1956)
- Vladimir Petrovich Vetchinkin – Soviet scientist in the field of aerodynamics and aeronautical construction. Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor (1927), Honorary Personality of Science and Technology of the RSFSR (1946)
- Vladimir Yakovlevich Klimov – Soviet scientist in the field of aircraft engine construction. Major General of the Engineering Technical Service (1944), Academician of the USSR Academy of Sciences (1953), twice Hero of Socialist Labor (1940 and 1957)
- Sergei Pavlovich Koroliov – Builder and organizer of the production of the rocket and conmonautics technician, creator of the R-7 rocket. On October 4, 1957, he launched the first artificial satellite of the Earth and on April 12, 1961, the world’s first cosmonaut. He organized the production of the conmonautic technique in the USSR and created the Russian complex for the assurance of launch and control of cosmic ships.
- Semión Alexeyevich Lavochkin – Aeronautical constructor. Corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Major General of the aeronautical technical service, three times awarded the Stalin Prize, twice Hero of Socialist Labor.
- Alexandr Alexandrovich Mikulin – Academician, aircraft engine builder and principal builder of the Mikulin OKB.
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Myasichev – Soviet aeronautical constructor, director of OKB-23, director of TsAGI between 1960 and 1967.
- Yosif Fomich Niezval – Soviet aeronautical constructor. Main builder of the Tupolev OKB. He led the development of the TB-7 and Tu-128. He had an important participation in the development of the Tu-160.
- Serguey Pavlovich Niepobiedimy – Soviet rocket armament builder. Doctor of technical sciences, professor, correspondent member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, academic of the Russian Academy of Sciences, deputy to the congresses of the Communist Party of the USSR (KPSS).
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Petlyakov – Soviet aeronautical constructor. Laureate of the Stalin Prize of the first level (1941).
- Pavel Osipovich Sujoi – Soviet aeronautical constructor.
- Andrei Nicolayevich Túpolev – Soviet Aircraft Constructor
- Boris Nikolayevich Yuriev – Outstanding Airman Scientist. Member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Lieutenant general of the technical-engineer service.