Customs Regulations and Visa Requirements of Sweden


Sweden is a member of the Schengen Agreement. To visit it, citizens of Russia and the CIS require a visa. Check a2zdirectory for history of Sweden.

Documents for a visa:

  • Passport, which must remain valid for another 3 months after returning from a trip;
  • Photocopies of all pages of the Russian passport;
  • Certificate confirming the place of work, position held. It must indicate the salary (at least 20,000 rubles) and work experience at this enterprise, details of the employer and telephone number;
  • 2 color photographs 5×4.5. If the child traveling with you is entered in the passport, then 3 additional photographs are required;
  • Questionnaire in English or Swedish;
  • A document confirming the solvency of the tourist (passbook, bank statement, etc.). Cash with you must be at least $ 40 per person per day;
  • Men aged 18 to 28 additionally show a copy of a military ID or registration certificate.

When crossing the border, students submit a certificate from the place of study, pensioners – a copy of the pension certificate, the unemployed – a written statement from the sponsor and a certificate confirming his income. To visit Sweden, a private entrepreneur needs a copy of the IP registration certificate and a certificate confirming the payment of taxes.

Children who are not included in the parents’ passport, for a visa, submit the following documents:

  • Copy of birth certificate;
  • 2 color photographs 3.5×4.5;
  • A copy of all pages of the internal passport.

If the child travels with one of the parents, then additional written permission from the second and a document confirming the general civil rights of both parents are required.

A single mother crossing the border with a child is required to present a certificate confirming her status, or a document from the police stating that she does not maintain any relationship with the father of the child. Widows additionally need a death certificate of their spouse.

Getting a visa on your own

In this case, in addition to the main list of documents, the following is provided:

  • If you are going on a tourist trip, then you need a document confirming the fact of booking a hotel room and paying for it.
  • When traveling to visit relatives or friends, you need an invitation from a person living in Sweden, as well as a copy of the inviting passport. This document is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance.
  • A trip on a business visit to Sweden is confirmed by the original invitation on the letterhead of the Swedish organization. The document indicates the details of the enterprise, the number of necessary trips, the purpose of the visit and the personal data of the invitee. The document is sealed with the signatures of responsible persons and the seal of the organization. A copy of the certificate of establishment in Sweden is also required.
  • Photocopy of direct and return air tickets ;
  • Medical insurance for 30,000 euros.

Terms of registration

You can submit documents in person (if you apply for a visa yourself), or through a trusted person or travel agency. The processing time is 6 working days, if additional verification is required, then this period can be extended up to 2 months.

Consular fee

The consular fee is 1200 rubles. In case of refusal to issue a visa, the fee is not refundable.

The following are exempted from paying the fee:

  • Children under 6 years old;
  • Students, schoolchildren, graduate students, accompanied by teachers, if the purpose of their trip is education;
  • Students who have received a scholarship from SIDA and are sent to Sweden for further education;
  • Close relatives of citizens of the countries of the European Union, as well as Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland;
  • Citizens of the Russian Federation whose close relatives reside in Sweden legally;
  • Persons who have been invited to the country by authorities or government organizations.

Visa-free transit through the Swedish border is prohibited. To obtain a transit visa, a standard package of documents is required, but instead of an invitation, a copy of air tickets and a visa to the final destination are presented. If the forced stay in Sweden is more than 24 hours, then an additional document confirming the hotel reservation is required.

Customs regulations

The import and export of certain goods into and out of Sweden is governed by the Customs Code. See Sweden import restrictions.

Allowed to import duty-free:

  • National and foreign currency in any amount;
  • 1 liter of alcoholic beverages with a strength above 22 degrees, or 2 liters of low-alcohol wine (alcohol content from 15 to 22 degrees), 2 liters of wine up to 15 ° and 2 liters of beer. Persons over 20 years of age are entitled to transportation;
  • 200 cigarettes or 100 cigars, 100 cigarillos or 250 grams of tobacco for persons over 18 years of age;
  • Perfumes for personal use.

Allowed to export duty-free

  • The amount of exported foreign currency is not limited, national – no more than 6 thousand crowns;
  • 100 grams of tea and 500 grams of coffee;
  • Goods and souvenirs worth up to 1700 kroons;
  • Medical preparations for personal use;
  • Alcohol and tobacco products in quantities similar to those established for import.

It is forbidden to import and export from Sweden:

  • Animals without a veterinary certificate of physical health of the pet;
  • A special permit is required for export;
  • Weapons, narcotic and psychotropic substances;
  • Explosives;
  • Mobile phones that do not support Swedish networks;
  • Art objects.

Sweden country