Customs Regulations and Visa Requirements of Singapore
From December 1, 2009, all visa documents are processed electronically through the accredited Embassy of Singapore in Moscow. Check a2zdirectory for history of Singapore.
Documents for a visa:
- Questionnaire completed in English
- Copy of international passport with a validity of more than 6 months
- Color photograph in electronic form. Its weight in jpeg format should be a maximum of 60 Kb, size – 400×514 pixels
- Document confirming the fact of hotel reservation
- If the visit is private, then an invitation from a citizen of Singapore or a company registered in the country is additionally provided
- Electronic confirmation of the booking of air tickets, or their scanned copy
- A copy of the insurance policy in the amount of more than $ 30,000. This item is not required.
A separate questionnaire is filled out for each child. If the minor is entered in the parents’ passport, then this page is copied along with the rest of the data. When accompanied by a child by one of the parents, permission to export from the country from the other is not required. This document is only needed if the child is accompanied by a third person.
The visa is issued within three days. Consular fee – 600 rubles, service fee – 600 rubles. If you plan to submit documents on paper, you will additionally have to pay 1,500 rubles. For issuing a visa through an airline, you will be charged $40.
A visa permit is issued in electronic form in the form of a unique number with a barcode. It must be printed and presented at the passport control point at the airport.
Russian citizens can stay in Singapore for 96 hours without a visa. To confirm this right, you must provide tickets with the date of departure from the country, or confirmation of the ticket reservation and sufficient funds for the duration of your stay in it.
Allowed to import duty-free for persons over 18 years of age:
- Unlimited currency
- 1 liter of wine, 1 liter of beer and spirits
- 20 cigarettes (pack must be opened). There is a fee of SGD 7 for each unopened package.
- Chocolate and confectionery up to 50 SGD
- Items for personal use not exceeding SGD 300 or SGD 150 for transit tourists. See Singapore import restrictions.
Allowed to export duty-free
- Unlimited currency
- Previously imported goods
- Personal items and souvenirs up to SGD 300
It is forbidden to import and export from Singapore:
- Drugs and psychotropic devices. The offender faces the death penalty
- Weapons, firecrackers without permission from the relevant authorities
- Weapon-shaped lighters
- Medicines in commercial quantities
- Toy coins or banknotes
- Pornographic materials
- Meat products
- Rare animals and plants listed in the Red Book
- Jewelry, photographic and videotapes without permission
- Chewing gum. Otherwise, you will face a significant fine or imprisonment for 1 year