When entering Mauritius for the purpose of tourism, it is not necessary to obtain a visa early. A visa valid for 60 days can be obtained at the airport. If necessary, the visa can be easily extended on the spot. Check a2zdirectory for history of Mauritius.
At the airport, to obtain a visa, you must present the following series of documents:
- international passport valid for six months at the time of departure from the country;
- return ticket;
- a voucher from a travel agency or an invitation from the host;
- completed entry form.
Premature registration of a visa for an independent trip for a period of 15 days is also optional. To apply for this visa, you must provide customs officers with a document confirming the hotel reservation or a voucher from a resident of the Republic of Mauritius.
When leaving the country, you must pay a fee, which is $ 17.
Mauritius does not restrict the export and import of national and foreign currencies. Large sums of money and all valuables imported into the country are subject to mandatory declaration. See Mauritius import restrictions.
Persons over the age of 16 are allowed to import duty-free:
- up to 200 cigarettes or 250 g of tobacco or 50 cigars;
- up to 2 liters of beer or wine, or up to 1 liter of strong alcoholic beverages;
- up to 1 small bottle of perfume or up to 250 ml. toilet water.
Photo, video and other equipment imported into the country is allowed from each item for one subject.
Import into the country is prohibited:
- drugs and preparations on and based;
- military equipment, weapons;
- food products from Southeast and East Asia, Africa;
- plants, flowers and seeds;
- automobile tyres.
Export from the country is prohibited:
- items lifted from the sea day without authorization.
Goods purchased in stores must pass through the customs point if there is a receipt provided by the store.