Citizens of the Russian Federation do not need a visa to enter the Maldives. The border crossing stamp is placed in the passport. To do this, you must present a valid passport, return tickets (they must indicate the date of departure) and a tourist voucher. You must have money in the amount of at least $ 25 for 1 day of the trip. Check a2zdirectory for history of Maldives.
Passengers are given an immigration card before landing at Male airport. Its validity period is 30 days. After crossing the border, the back of the card remains on hand, it must be kept for the entire period of stay in the country. The exit fee is $10.
Children under 18 crossing the border unaccompanied by their parents or with one of them present a notarized travel permit from the parents (parent) and a personal birth certificate.
A photograph of a child under 6 years of age entered in the parent’s passport must be attached to the passport of the accompanying family member and sealed.
Israeli citizens are not allowed to enter the Maldives.
The import and export of goods and household items across the border of the Maldives is subject to customs regulations. When crossing the border with the Maldives, all baggage undergoes strict customs control. See Maldives import restrictions.
Allowed to import duty-free:
- Foreign and national currency in any amount
- Cigarettes, no more than 200 pieces
- Perfumes up to 125 ml
- Goods for personal use in non-commercial quantities (no more than one item of each product per person)
Allowed to export duty-free:
- Unlimited national or foreign currency
- Previously imported goods for personal use and souvenirs
It is forbidden to import and export:
- Alcoholic products
- salami sausages
- Items of a pornographic nature (cassettes, publications)
- Narcotic substances
- Items found at the bottom of the sea
- The export of turtle shells and corals is prohibited. The exception is objects, the decorative pattern of which is made using these materials, and souvenirs.
Attempting to smuggle alcoholic beverages is subject to a $500 fine. Alcohol left at customs will be returned when you leave the country.