Customs Regulations and Visa Requirements of Jamaica
Russian tourists love Jamaica not only for a quality vacation, but also because they do not need to apply for a visa to this country in advance. Without issuing a visa, you can go to the island if the duration of the trip is not more than 30 days, and its purpose is a tourist vacation or transit to another country. Check a2zdirectory for history of Jamaica.
To enter the country, you must present at the immigration office of the international airport:
- Passport, the validity of which expires no earlier than 6 months from the end date of the planned trip.
- Return air ticket.
- Travel voucher, hotel reservation (in original form, fax or printout from the Internet) or cash presented in any form as proof of the possibility of making a trip (in the amount of $ 50 per person per day).
- Visa fee payment (about 20-21 US dollars or 400 Jamaican dollars). Paid upon arrival in cash.
- You may also need 2 passport size photos and a completed application.
After providing the listed documentation, the tourist receives an arrival stamp in his passport.
When traveling with a child accompanied by a third party or one of the parents, you will need to present a power of attorney (certified by a notary) for the consent to export the child, signed by the parent and a photocopy of the first page of his passport.
A child under the age of 14 is entered in the parent’s passport. For a child over 6 years old, a photo must be pasted into the parent’s passport. Children over 14 need their own passport.
IMPORTANT: If you are flying to Jamaica through another country, you should check the rules for transit through that country.
The term for issuing a visa, if the trip to the island exceeds the period of 30 days, is about three weeks.
To leave the country, a tourist must pay a customs fee of about 27 US dollars. Some airlines (Air Jamaica, sometimes British Airways and Condor) include this fee in the ticket price. In this case, the fee is no longer paid separately.
In Jamaica, a tourist can import duty-free:
- Up to two hundred cigarettes (or two hundred and fifty grams of tobacco or fifty cigars).
- Tourists over 18 years old can bring up to 1.335 liters of spirits and wine in the same amount, with the exception of rum.
- Up to one hundred and fifty grams of perfume and up to three hundred and forty milliliters of eau de toilette.
- Gifts with a total value of not more than forty Jamaican dollars.
- Foreign currency in any amount (you need to fill out a declaration).
From the island it is possible to freely export:
At the same time, one should not forget about the limitations of Russian customs control. See Jamaica import restrictions.
It is forbidden to import into the country:
- Narcotic substances.
- Poisonous, explosive and flammable substances.
- Natural flowers and plants.
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Unpreserved meat.
- Obscene material.
- Counterfeit money.
Without permits, you cannot export from Jamaica:
- Antique items, especially if they were found on the seabed.
- Rare birds and animals.
- Products made of leather or fur without specifying them in the customs declaration.
- local currency.