Customs Regulations and Visa Requirements of India
Since October 2009, the issuance of visas to India for citizens of the Russian Federation has been carried out at the Indian Visa Application Center. Check a2zdirectory for history of India.
List of documents for visa application:
- International passport. Until the expiration of the passport must remain more than six months from the date of application for a visa;
- 2 completed questionnaires;
- 2 color photographs 3.5 × 4.5 cm;
- A copy of the passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation (pages with a photo and registration);
- Copy of international passport (photo page).
When applying for a visa on your own, you must present a copy of all air tickets and a document confirming the hotel reservation, or an invitation. At the same time, a copy of the passport of the inviting person (first page) is presented.
For children, a copy of the birth certificate is required. When crossing the border with India, a minor child additionally presents a certified permission from one or both parents.
A visa to Goa at Dabolim Airport is issued if:
- Transit required within 72 hours. Departure from Indiais via Dabolim Airport;
- Arrival of a group of tourists (from 4 people) who bought a ticket from an Indian tour operator. In this case, the list of all members of the group, their passport data, the itinerary of stay are transferred to the Immigration Service.
If the tourist is on the list, then the immigration officer takes the passport from him and issues a TLF / TLP form in return. Upon departure, all documents are returned. The consular fee for obtaining a visa is 40 USD.
Issuance of a visa to Russian citizens is carried out within 4-5 days, Ukraine and Belarus – within 10 days after the submission of documents.
A visa is issued for 30 days, but it can be extended for up to a year. An urgent visa can be obtained through a travel agency, its cost varies depending on the timing (up to 120 USD).
Import and export of certain goods across the border of India is regulated by customs regulations. See India import restrictions.
Allowed to import duty-free:
- Foreign currency up to 10 thousand dollars (or other currency in an amount equivalent to this amount; more currency must be declared);
- Laptops and computers specified in the customs declaration;
- Cigarettes 200 pieces, or 50 pieces. cigars, or 250 grams of tobacco;
- Alcoholic drinks – up to 2 liters;
- Food, jewelry, household items for personal use;
- Cameras, audio and video equipment, sports equipment no more than one unit of each item;
- Souvenirs for an amount not exceeding 500 rupees;
- Import of two pets with the provision of a health certificate for the pet.
Allowed to export duty-free:
- Export of foreign currency in an amount not exceeding the amount of imported;
- Computer or laptop;
- Washing machine;
- Gas or electric stove;
- VCR or video cassette player;
- Refrigerator, the capacity of which does not exceed 300 liters.
It is forbidden to import and export from India:
- Drugs and psychotropic substances (punishable by imprisonment);
- pornographic materials;
- Goods that violate intellectual property rights;
- national currency;
- Skins of a tiger and other wild animals, elements of plumage of birds, leather and leather products of rare reptiles;
- Living plants;
- Ingots of gold and silver;
- Antiques, as well as items made over a hundred years ago.