To visit Cambodia for the purpose of a tourist trip, a visa is required. A visa is issued at the country’s embassy, which is located in Moscow. As a document, it is necessary for legal stay in Cambodia, and a visa is also required for presentation at transfer points in Thailand or Vietnam. Check a2zdirectory for history of Cambodia.
Depending on the tourist itinerary, arrival in Cambodia may be delayed. According to the current legislation, if a foreigner enters the country through the city of Siem Reap, then he will be obliged to spend 3 days in it, necessary to study the authenticity of documents.
The visa is issued for a period of 30 days, also, in case of unforeseen circumstances, it is possible to extend the visa for up to 60 days for a fee, but after this time, the tourist must immediately leave the country.
The cost of a visa is up to 20 US dollars. Processing time – a maximum of 2 days, subject to availability of all necessary documents. The day of the shortest consideration of the application for a visa, you can leave an application on the website of the embassy.
A fully virtual visa application requires a valid international credit card and several digital photographs.
To obtain a visa in the usual way, the following documents are required:
- Passport, which expires at least 6 months after returning from Cambodia;
- 3 color passport size photographs;
- 3 completed relevant questionnaires, each of which is filled in two languages – Russian and English.
The consular fee is approximately 600 rubles. In case of refusal to obtain a visa, or a request to postpone the process of registration, neither the application form nor the money paid are refundable.
It is also possible to obtain a visa directly at the place of arrival in Cambodia. This option must be immediately discussed at the embassy if the dates of the tour are approaching. A visa in Cambodia is issued for the same amount as at the embassy, but in a shorter time. At the airport of the capital, the procedure will take no more than 20 minutes. In the city of Siem Reap, you need to proceed to the migration service and issue a 3-day registration there. In the absence of the necessary photographs, a fine of $ 1-3 is formally paid, and the same amount is necessary in order to be photographed at the migration service.
Very often, with a similar method of issuing a visa, Cambodian customs officers require the presentation of a so-called “medical card”, it should be remembered that this requirement is illegal, but, nevertheless, some customs posts even offer an unknown drug in the absence of a “card”. If you refuse to accept it – a requirement to pay a fine. The best action in such a situation is still to give a bribe under the guise of a fine. Customs will require no more than $10. Unfortunately, it is impossible to prove the guilt of customs upon exiting the airport.
You can import duty-free into Cambodia:
- Foreign currency up to 10 thousand US dollars;
- Up to 200 cigarettes or up to 250 grams of pure tobacco;
- 1 open bottle of alcoholic beverage with a strength of over 20%;
- Perfumes and cosmetics as a means of personal hygiene in reasonable quantities;
- Medicines that are not included in the list of prohibited and issued by prescription. See Cambodia import restrictions.
It is forbidden to import:
- Narcotic drugs;
- Weapons and ammunition;
- poisonous chemicals;
- Audio and video material capable of offending the national and moral feelings of the citizens of Cambodia;
- Pirated products of any kind, on any media;
- Pornographic magazines.
It is forbidden to export:
- Local currency in any amount;
- Any works of art listed as a National Treasure of Cambodia;
- Precious stones and metals in commercial quantities;
- Wild animals.